Avoiding Panic Attacks

November 09, 2006

The Eco Warrior and the Week-Long Hangover


Continuing the 'activism' theme, my submissions to Venue #739 included an interview with Mark Plummer, a local environmentalist who first became known for his protests surrounding the expansion of Bristol Airport in 1999. I interviewed him as he was busy preparing to lead a regional delegation of the Stop Climate Chaos campaign group to London for the major demonstration on November 4.







However, this issue my biggest contribution was for a main feature, designed to introduce new students to the various pub crawls that can be found around town. Between us, the assistant editor (Joe Spurgeon) and I devised the routes, experienced them first hand and reviewed them, with emphasis being put on the characters we met along the way. I was responsible for three, covering my neighbourhood (Clifton Village), the City Centre and north of the city along the Gloucester Road. I think Chris Dickason's illustrations are great.







1 Comments:

  • At 1:08 am, Blogger Rich said…

    What up tom! This looks great - I might have to cut out and keep the pub crawls for my return at christmas. Was this from you work exp or are you on the books now?! If not, you clearly made a good impression. Will keep watching.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home